POWER GRID Jobs through GATE 2016 Score -PSU ONLINE GATE 2016 Recruitment: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) has published a notification for the recruitment of 164 Executive Trainee vacancies. Interested and eligible candidates having valid GATE-2016 score may apply online through official website from the date 15th Jan 2016 to 29th Feb 2016.
Table of Page Contents
About Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL).
On Oct 23rd, 1989, Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 .The authorized share capital of the company is Rs. 5,000 Crore (subsequently enhanced to Rs. 10,000 Crore in Financial Year (FY) 2007-08) as a public limited company which is wholly owned by the Government of India.The Power Grid Corporation of India Limited is a state-owned Indian electric utilities company .It is headquartered in Gurgaon, India. POWERGRID transmits about 50% of the total power generated in India. Its subsidiary company, Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) is to handle power management for Power Grid. POWERGRID also operates a telecom business with the name POWERTEL.
PGCIL Recruitment Details.
The recruitment programme is to fill 164 vacancies of Executive Trainee Posts.
|TENTATIVE VACANCIES & RESERVATION
* Vacancies indicated above include unfilled carried forward vacancies of previous year. Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) #
The Reservation of Posts for PwD and identification of posts for different sub categories of PwD (as per Govt. of India notification) shall be as indicated below.
|Post||Reservation||PwD Subcategories applicable|
|ET (Electrical)||OH(OL)-2, HH- 2||Orthopedically Handicapped (one leg), Hearing Handicapped|
|ET (Electronics)||–||Orthopedically Handicapped (one leg), Hearing Handicapped|
|ET (Civil)||–||Orthopedically Handicapped (one leg/one arm), Hearing Handicapped|
|ET (Computer Science)||–||Orthopedically Handicapped (One Leg/ one arm/ both leg), Hearing Handicapped, Visually Handicapped (Blind/ Low Vision)|
# Horizontal reserv
Minimum Qualification Required .
The candidates should have completed Full Time B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute in Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Electronics/ Electronics and Communication/ Civil Engineering/ Computer Science/ Computer Engg with minimum 65% marks.The candidates age limit should be 28 years as on the date 31st Dec 2015. Age relaxation is applicable 5 years for the candidates belongs to SC/ ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for PwD categories as per rules.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of GATE-2016, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE – 2016, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE – 2016, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE)/ Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE)/ Computer Science & Information Technology (CS)
- Candidates qualified in corresponding paper of GATE-2016 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection.
- Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE – 2016, in the corresponding paper.
- Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
- Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
- Candidates must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying % in interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|30% For ET ( Electrical / Electronics/ Civil / Computer Science)|
|SC||30% For ET (Electrical / Electronics/ Civil / Computer Science)|
|ST||30% For ET (Electrical / Electronics/ Civil)|
|PwD||30% For ET ( Electrical) for disability – OH(OL)/ HH|
Group discussion will not have any Qualifying Marks.
How to Apply and Application Fee.
Interested and eligible candidates have to apply online through the official website www.powergridindia.com from the date 15th Jan 2016 to 29th Feb 2016.
The Starting Date to Apply Online is 15th Jan 2016 and will run till the date 29th Feb 2016.