Sports Quota Bharti in South Western Railways January 2016: The RRC/ RRB Hubli South Western Railway, Railway Recruitment Cell, Hubli has released notification for the recruitment of 46 Sports Quota vacancies in various games/ disciplines. Interested and eligible candidates can apply in prescribed application format on or before the date 01-Feb-2016.
Table of Page Contents
About South Western Railway.
The South Western Railway is one of the 17 railway zones in India. Its headquarter is at Hubli and having 3 divisions namely Hubli, Mysore, and Bangalore. The 4th division work is in progress. The zone came into existence on April 1, 2003. Many important trains operated by this zone are : Karnataka Express (Bangalore-New Delhi), Rani Chennamma Express (Bangalore-Kolhapur), Gol Gumbaz Express (Mysore-Solapur), Basava Express (Mysore-Bagalkote), Siddaganga Intercity Express (Bangalore-Dharwad), Karnataka Sampark Kranti Express (Bangalore-New Delhi) and (Bangalore-Chandigarh), Hampi Express (Mysore-Hubli), Lalbagh Express (Bangalore-Chennai), Shatabdi Express (Bangalore-Chennai), Tippu Express (Bangalore-Mysore), Island express (Bangalore-Kanyakumari) and Goa Express (Vasco Da Gama-Hazrat Nizamuddin).
South Western Railway Bharti of Sports Persons.
Total No of Posts: 46
Name of the Post: Sports Quota
CATEGORY ‘A-1’ : ZONAL HEADQUARTER’S QUOTA (Posts in Pay Band-1 ‘ 5200-20200 + GRADE PAY ‘ 1900/2000) (Group ‘C’)
|800 mtrs Run||0||1||1|
|3000m Steeple chase||1||1||2|
|20 Kms Walk||1||0||1|
|Cycling||1000 mtrs Time Trial||1||0||1|
|4000m Indl. Pursuit Track||1||0||1|
|Basket Ball (Women)||Play Maker||0||1||1|
|Swimming||50, 100 & 200 mtrs Breast Stroke||1||0||1|
|400, 800 & 1500 mtrs Free Style||1||0||1|
|Left Arm Spinner||1||0||1|
CATEGORY ‘B-1’ : ZONAL HEADQUARTER’S QUOTA (Posts in Pay Band-1 ‘ 5200-20200+GRADE PAY 1800) (Erstwhile Group ‘D’)
CATEGORY ‘B-2’ : HUBLI DIVISION QUOTA
CATEGORY ‘B-2’ : HUBLI DIVISION QUOTA (Posts in Pay Band-1 5200-20200+GRADE PAY ‘ 1800) (Erstwhile Group ‘D’)
CATEGORY ‘B-3’ : BANGALORE DIVISION QUOTA (Posts in Pay Band-1 5200-20200 + GRADE PAY 1800) (Erstwhile Group ‘D’)
CATEGORY ‘B-4’ : MYSORE DIVISION QUOTA (Posts in Pay Band-1 5200-20200 + GRADE PAY 1800) (Erstwhile Group ‘D’)
1. Category A-1: Zonal Head Quarters Quota: 21 Posts
2. Category B-1: Zonal Head Quarters Quota: 10 Posts
3. Category B-2: Hubli Division Quota: 05 Posts
4. Category B-3: Bangalore Division Quota: 05 Posts
5. Category B-4: Mysore Division Quota: 05 Posts
Minimum Qualification Required.
The candidates should passed 12th class or its equivalent and Matriculation from recognised Institution. The candidates age should be between 18-25 years as on 01-Jan-2016 there is relaxation of age for the candidates belongs to reserved categories and will be applicable as per Government rules.
MINIMUM SPORTS NORMS FOR RECRUITMENT
Sportspersons desirous of applying for the posts in PB-1 ‘.5200-20200 + Grade Pay ‘.1900/2000 of the above against any of the Games as mentioned in the above table should have:
- Represented the country in the International championships/events either in World Cup (Junior/Senior category)/ World Championships (Junior/Senior Category)/Asian Games (Senior Category)/Commonwealth Games (Senior Category). OR
- Obtained atleast 3rd position in Commonwealth Championships (Junior/Senior Category)/ Asian championships/ Asia Cup (Junior/Senior Category)/South Asian Federations (SAF) Games (Senior Category)/USIC (World Railways) Championships (Senior Category). OR
- Obtained atleast 3rd position in Senior/Youth/Junior National Championships. OR
- Obtained atleast 3rd position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association. OR
- Obtained atleast 3rd position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities. OR
- Obtained 1st position in Federation Cup Championships (Senior Category).
Sportspersons applying for the posts in PB-1 .5200-20200 + Grade Pay .1800 (erstwhile Gr.‘D’ posts) against any of the Games as mentioned in the above table should have:
- Represented the country in Championship in either Commonwealth Championships (Junior/Senior Category)/Asian Championships/Asia Cup (Junior/Senior Category)/South Asian Federations (SAF) Games (Senior Category)/USIC (World Railways) Championships (Senior Category). OR
- Obtained atleast 3rd position in Federation Cup Championships (Senior Category). OR
- Represented a State of equivalent Unit, except in Marathon and Cross Country, in Senior/Youth/Junior National Championships. OR
- Obtained atleast 3rd position in Senior State Championships for all units and Districts of the state.
The recruitment will be based on trials, assessment of sports achievements and general intelligence/personality etc. The candidates who are found fit in trails only will be considered for next stage.
How to Apply and Application Fee:
Candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- (including postal expenses) should be paid in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) only from any Post Office drawn in favour of Asst Personnel Officer/ Rect for Sl No. 1 & 02 and Sr Divisional Personnel Officer for Sl No. 03 – 05 South Western Railway, Hubli, Payable at Hubli. There is no fee to SC/ ST/ Ex Servicemen/ PWD/ Women candidates.Interested and eligible candidates may send their application prescribed format filled in English/ Hindi with 02 recent passport size color photograph 01 pasted on the application along with self attested copies of date of birth certificate, community certificates, sports achievement certificate, Postal Order & an envelope should be super scribed with “Application for the Post of ……….” and have send to the address shown below:
Address : The Railway Recruitment Cell, South Western Railway, 2nd floor, General Manager’s Office Building, Club Road, Hubballi-580 023 on or before 01-02-2016.
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 01-02-2016.