Banaras Hindu University School Entrance Test 2016 Toppers & Merit List – Check BHU SET-2016 Counselling Schedule/ Process for Class 6th/ 9th/ 11th.
The Banaras Hindu University/ Kashi Hindu Vishwavidhyala has conducted School Entrance Test for admission in 6th/ 9th & 11th Class students. The BHU SET-2016 was held in 16th/ 18th/ 19th/ 20th & 21st May 2016. The result is expected to be announced on 16th JUNE 2016. After the result – The shortlisted students can visit BHU for Counselling Process.
Table of Page Contents
About BHU SCHOOL Admission 2016.
The Central Hindu College established by Dr. Annie Besant in 1898, the Central Hindu Boys’ School and Central Hindu Girls’ School are housed in monumental buildings situated at Kamachha in the heart of Varanasi city. Affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi, these schools have a glorious history of providing excellent education in Arts, Commerce, Home Science, Science and Agriculture streams along with ample sports and extra-co-curricular activities to ensure all round personality development of both boys & girls. Both schools have well equipped laboratories for providing skill based training in almost all practical subjects. In addition, the schools provide NCC training to both boys and girls in the Army and Air Wings. Being a part of Banaras Hindu University, the students of the schools enjoy many facilities and subsidies that are available to the university students in general. Both schools have also the facilities of Computer Education.
SEAT RESERVATION (SC/ ST/ OBC)
As per the Banaras Hindu University EC resolution dated 29/30 March 1996, the following reservations will be given for admissions in the seats available* for admission in various classes after giving seats to internal students:-15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The SC/ST candidates are required to produce original certificate and attested photocopy of their caste certificate at the time of counselling from any one of the following authorities stating that the candidate belongs to a SC/ST category.
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Addl. Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Addl. Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
- Administrator/Secretary to the Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands). Candidates must note that Certificate from any other person/authority shall not be accepted in any case. If the candidate happens to belong to SC or ST, his/her caste/tribe must be listed in the appropriate Govt. of India schedule. The Caste Certificate should clearly state: (a) Name of his/her caste/tribe (b) whether he/she belongs to SC or ST (c) District and the State or Union Territory of his/her usual place of residence and (d) the appropriate Govt. of India schedule under which his/her caste/tribe is approved by it as SC or ST.
However, if an SC/ST candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example: PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC) candidates.
- The Physically challenged (PC) candidates are required to submit the PC Certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer or Civil Surgeon of the district of the residence of the candidate at the time of counselling. These candidates in addition will be required to appear before the Medical Board appointed by Banaras Hindu University before their final admission.
- 50% seats available for admission shall be provided to the sons and daughters of permanent employees of Banaras Hindu University subject to securing a minimum of 33% marks in the Entrance Test. If internal candidates are not available under 50% seats reserved for sons and daughters of the University Employees, then the vacant seats will be converted to General Category seats.
- The sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU have to submit the employee certificate from LTC Cell, BHU at the time of counselling (except in the case of internal admissions).
* The number of available seats depends upon the internal/board examination results of the schools. Sometimes seats may not be available or their number may be very few in a particular class for external students. This situation should be taken into consideration before applying for the admission test.
Latest BHU UET/ PET 2016 Notice
- BHU SET-2016 Result/ Merit List – Class 6th 9th 11th Counselling Process/ Time Table June 11, 2016
- BHU PET 2016 Result/ Merit List @bhuonline.in Counselling June 11, 2016
- Banaras BHU PET/ UET Exam Answer Key 2016 (REVISED) April 25, 2016
- BHU UET 2016|BHU BSc Agriculture Admission 2016 Forms/ Dates/ Syllabus October 26, 2015
- BHU UET/ PET Entrance TEST 2016 Answer KEY bhuonline.in & RESULT May 25, 2015
SET 2016 RESULT Banaras Hindu University.
- For class VI :Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class IX : English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class XI Maths : English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Gen. Studies.
- For 11th Biology: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Gen. Studies.
For Commerce & Arts Group: English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, Maths and Gen. Studies as per the syllabus prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi for class X.
Mode of Selection/ Merit List.
On the basis of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test Merit List will be drawn for admission in each class and the candidates will be given a seat in the concerned class strictly on the basis of this merit. In case of a tie the Banaras Hindu University Guidelines will be followed.
For admission in class VI, IX and XI, the candidates will have to come for counselling and they will be offered seats in the class/ subject combination of their choice strictly according to their merit ranking so long as the seats remain available. The candidates for admission in class XI will have to exercise their choice combination immediately on the day of counselling.