The Syllabus of BSNL Junior Engineer Online Exam Sept 2016 is given below. The BSNL TTA (erstwhile) 2700 JEN Vacancies are to be filled this year. The candidate has to download latest syllabus with last year solved question papers. The Exam Free Job Alert is also providing best books to prepare for online competative examination.
The standard of Paper in General ability test will be such as may be expected of an Engineering Diploma holder. The standard of papers in subjects will approximately be that of Diploma level of an Indian Polytechnic. There shall be a single multiple choice objective type Paper of 3 hrs. duration as per details given below.
Note: 1. The candidate is required to obtain minimum qualifying marks in each of these pans as may be prescribed by the BSNL.
Table of Page Contents
PART-I: GENERAL ABILITY TEST – 20 MARKS
The candidate’s comprehension and understanding of General English shall be tested through simple exercise such as provision of antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks and multiple-choice exercise etc. This shall also include questions on current events, general knowledge and such matters of everyday observation and experiences as may be expected of Diploma holder.
PART-II:. BASIC ENGINEERING – 90 MARKS
Detailed Syllabus is as under:
- Applied mathematics: Co-ordinate Geometry: Vector Algebra; Matrix and Determinant: Differential Calculus; Integral Calculus: Differential equation of second order: Fourier series; Laplace Transform; Complex Number, Partial Differentiation.
- Applied Physics: Measurement-Units and Dimension; Waves, Acoustics, Ultrasonic; Light; Laser and its Application, Atomic Structure and Energy Levels.
- Basic Electricity; Electrostatics, Coulomb’s law, Electric field, Gauss’s theorem, concept of potential difference; concept of capacitance and capacitors; Ohm’s law, power and energy, Kirchoff’s voltage, current laws and their applications in simple DC circuits, Basic Magnetism; Electro Magnetism; Electromagnetic Induction; Concept of alternating voltage & current; Cells and Batteries; Voltage and Current Sources: Thevenin’s theorem, Norton’s theorem and their applications.
- Electronics Devices and Circuits. Classification of materials into conductor, semi conductor, insulator etc, electrical properties, magnetic materials, various types of relays, switches and connectors, Conventional representation and electronic circuits elements. Active and passive components; semi conductor Physics; Semiconductor Diode; Bipolar transistor & their circuits; Transistor Biasing Stabilization of operating point; Single stage transistor amplifier; field effect transistor, Mosfet circuits applications.
- Multistage Transistor Amplifier; Transistor Audio Power Amplifiers; Feedback in Amplifier; Sinusoidal Oscillators; Tuned VoJtage Amplifiers; Opto Electronics Devices and their applications: Operational Amplifier; Wave shaping and switching circuits. Block diagram of l.C. Timer (such as 555)’and its working; Motivation Circuits; Time Base Circuits, Thyristors and UJT; Regulated Power Supply.
- Digital Techniques: Applications and advantages of digital systems; number system (binary and hexadecimal); Logic Gates; Logic Simplification; Codes and Panty; Arithmetic Circuits; Decoders, Display Devices and Associated Circuits; Multiplexers and De-multiplexers; Latches and Flip Flops; Counters; Shift Registers; Memories; A/D and D/A converters.
PART-lll: SPECIALIZATION -90 MARKS
Detailed Syllabus is as under:- Electrical:
- Communication: Modulation and demodulation – principles and operation of various types of AM, FM and PM modulators/demodulators; pulse modulation – TDM, PAM, PPM, PWM, Multiplexing, Principles and applications of PCM. introduction of Basic block diagram of digital and data communication systems, Coding error detection and correction techniques; Digital Modulation Techniques – ASK, ICW, FSK, PSK; Characteristics/working of data transmission circuits; UART, USART; Modems; Protocols and their functions, brief idea of ISDN interfaces, local areas Network; Carrier Telephony – Features of carrier telephone system, Microwave Engineering; Microwave Devices; Wave-guides; Microwave Components; Microwave Antennas; Microwave Communication Systems- Block diagram & working principal of microwave communication link.
- 3 phases vs. single-phase supply, Star Delta connections, relation between phase & line voltage power factor and their measurements; construction and principles of working of various types of electrical measuring instruments. All types of motor and generator-AC & DC transformers, starters, rectifiers, inverters, battery charges, batteries, servo and stepper motors, contactor control circuits, switchgear, relays, protection devices & schemes, substation, protective relaying, circuits breaker, generator protection, transformer protection, feeder & lightening protection, feeder & bus bar protection, lightening arrestor, earthing, voltage stabilizer & regulators, power control devices & circuits, phase con rolled rectifiers, inverters, choppers dual converters, cyclo converters; power electronics application in control of drivers, refrigeration & air-conditioning.
- Network, Filters and Transmission Lines: Two port network; Attenuators; Filters; Transmission Lines and their applications; characteristic impedance of line; concept of refection and standing waves on a transmission line; Transmission line equation; Principles of impedance matching; Bandwidth consideration of a transmission line.
- Instruments and Measurements: Specification of instruments – accuracy, precision, sensitivity, resolution range, Errors in measurements and loading effect; principles of voltage, current and resistance measurements; Transducers, measurement of displacement & strain, forces & torque measuring devices, pressure measuring devices, flow, measuring devices, power control devices & circuits. Types of AC milli voltmeters- Amplifier rectifier and. rectifier amplifier; Block diagram explanation of a basic CRO and a triggered sweep oscilloscope, front panel controls; impedance Bridges and Q-‘Meters. Principles of’working and specifications of logic probes, signature analyzer and logic, analyzer, signal generator, distortion factor meter, spectrum analyzer.
- Control Systems: Basic elements of control system, open and closed loop system, concept of feedback. Block diagram of control system, Time lag, hysteresis, linearity concepts. Self-regulating and non-self-regulating control systems. Transfer function of simple control components, single feedback configuration. Time response of systems. Stability Analysis Characteristics equation, Routh’s table, Nyquist criterion, Relative stability, phase margin and gain margin. Routh Hurwitz criterion, root locus techniques, Bpde plot, Power plot, Gain margin and phase margin.
- Microprocessors: Typical organization of a microcomputer system & functions of its various blocks; Architecture of a Microprocessors; Memories and I/O Interfacing; Brief Idea of M/C assembly languages, Machines & Mnemonic codes; Instruction format and Addressing mode; concept of Instruction set; programming exercises In assembly language; concept of interrupt; Data transfer techniques – sync data transfer, Interrupt driven data transfer, DMA, serial output data, serial input data.
- Computer: Computer and its working, types of computers, familiarization with DOS and Windows- concept of file, directory, folder, Number Systems; Data representation; Programming – Elements of a high level programming • language, PASCAL, C:Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture, Processor design, Control unit design; memory organization, I/O system organization. Microprocessors- microprocessor architecture, instruction set and simple assembly level programming. Microprocessors based system-design: typical examples. Personal computers and their typical uses, data communication principles, types and working principles of modems, Network principles, OSI model, functions of data link layer and network layer, networking com; communications protocolsa-X.25, TCP/IP. Database Management System – Basic concepts, entity relationship model, r model, DBMS based on relational model.