Do you belong to minority caster ie OBC/ SC/ ST or Physical Handicapped or Armed Forces Ward (Army/ Navy/ Air Force)? Check the Seats Reservation in Delhi University for Admission 2016-17 Academic Year. The 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th/ Admission List. The students form U.P/ M.P/ Rajasthan/ Punjab/ Haryana/ Gujarat/ Bihar/ Odisha/ Himachal Pradesh/ Uttarakhand 12th Pass/ HSC/ Intermediate Board have filling online DU Admission 2016 Forms. The Exam Free Job Alert is providing complete information regarding DU Admission Reservation 2016 for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Armed Forces Son/ Daughter etc.
Table of Page Contents
DU Admission 2016 – Reservations and Relaxations
SC/ ST Students Reservation of Seats
- 22.5 % of the total numbers of seats is reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste Scheduled Tribes (15% for Scheduled Caste and 7A% for Scheduled Tribes, interchangeable, if necessary).
- It is a statutory obligation on the part of Colleges to fill all seats reserved for Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The Colleges shall not refuse admission to any SC/ST candidate on the basis of medium of instruction. Any deficiency in the knowledge of any particular language should be removed, remedial classes for which may be arranged by utilizing grants that are available from University Grants Commission.
- Relaxation to the extent of 5% in the minimum marks will be given to the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes to determine their eligibility and merit for admission to the course concerned.
- In case, after giving 5% relaxation, the reserved seats still remain vacant, further relaxation would be given to the extent required in order to fill up all the reserved seats.(AC Resolution A88, 14.6.1983) (EC Resolution 157, 24121.2001).Eligibility in these cases is pass percentage.
- District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Addl. Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/ 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Addl. Chief Presidency Magistrate/ presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub- Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/ or his family normally resides.
- Administrator/ Secretary to the Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands). Candidates must note that Certificate from any other person/ authority shall not be accepted in any case. If the candidate happens to belong to SC or ST, his/her caste/ tribe must be listed in the appropriate Govt. of India schedule. The Caste Certificate should clearly state: (a) Name of his/ her caste/ tribe (b) whether he/she belongs to SC or ST (c) District and the State or Union Territory of his/ her usual place of residence and (d) the appropriate Govt. of India schedule under which his/ her caste/ tribe is approved by it as SC or ST.
However, if an SC/ST candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example: PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
Note: SC/ST students who get admission under open merit will not be included in the reserved quota 22.5%. Candidates seeking admission under SC/ST/OBC category should have certificates in their own name only.
Latest Notice @Delhi University 2016-2017
The Exam Free Job Alert.com provides latest notification & updates of Delhi University – Results/ Merit List/ Admission Cut-Off Marks/ Admit Card/ Exam Time Table etc. .
- List of Documents Required for Delhi University Admission 2016 June 10, 2016
- DU Affiliated College List 2016 – Regular/ Private Arts/ Commerce/ Science Seat Matrix June 10, 2016
- DU 1st Admission List 2016 – B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ BCA/ B.Lib First Year (Regular/ Non-Regular) June 10, 2016
- Delhi University UG Admission 2016-17 Process/ Merit & Admission List June 10, 2016
- Delhi University 1st Merit cum Admission List 2016(B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com) June 10, 2016
- DU Admission 2016 Reservation (OBC/ SC/ ST/ PH/ Armed Forces) Merit & Seats June 10, 2016
- Delhi College of Arts Admissions 2016 Forms/ Dates/ Eligibility/ Online July 31, 2015
OBC DU Reservation of Seats.
- 27% seats will be reserved for the candidates belonging to OBC.
- At the time of giving admission to an OBC candidate, the College will ensure that the caste is included in the Central List of OBC. The certificate must mention non-creamy layer status of the candidate.
- The OBC candidates shall be given a relaxation of 10% in the minimum eligibility marks of the said course and in the admission entrance test 10% of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed for General Category candidates.
- It is a statutory obligation on the part of Colleges to fill all seats reserved for OBC candidates.
- The Colleges shall not refuse admission to any OBC candidate on the basis of medium of instruction. Any deficiency in the knowledge of any particular language should be removed, remedial classes for which may be arranged by utilizing grants that are available from University Grants Commission.
- If the seats meant for OBC remain vacant after arriving the minimum eligibility, the same may be converted and filled up by other eligible candidates subject to approval from the University.
Note: The merit list for the general category seats will comprise of all the candidates in the order of merit. No one will be excluded from the same. In other words, it will also include SC / ST / OBC candidates, if they come in general merit. The candidate cannot be excluded from the general category merit list just because he belongs to SC/ST/OBC. Such a candidate is entitled to be considered under the general category, as well as under the reserved category. Admission to open category seats will be strictly in the order of merit without excluding SC/ST/OBC candidates.
PWD/ PH Reservation of Seats
Three percent, (3%) seats in all undergraduate and postgraduate institutions (including professional and technical institutions) will be reserved for candidates having minimum 40% disabilities. Concessional/Waiver of fees in respect of Persons with Disabilities (PwD) Consequent upon amendment to Ordinance X(4) of the University, the following provision has been added after Sub-clause 2 of Ordinance X( 4) of the said Ordinance:
“Provided that the Persons with Physical Disabilities shall be waived off all the fees payable including the Examination fee and other University fees, except Admission fee, subscription towards Delhi University Students’ Union and Identity Card fee for pursuing under-graduate, post-graduate or other courses in the University or its Colleges.”
2.In pursuance of the above, the students with physical disabilities pursuing various courses of study in the Faculties, Departments, Centers, and Institutions / Colleges of the University shall be exempted from payment of fees, including examination fee and other University fees, except Admission fee, subscription towards Delhi University students’ Union and Identity Card fee.
The Persons with Physical Disabilities students shall pay 50% of the Mess fee and the remaining 50% of the Mess Fee respect of the PwD students is being met by the University. Similar norms are to be adopted by the Colleges in respect of PwD Students residing in various hostels of the Colleges.
It is clarified further that the PwD students who are getting fellowships / financial assistance shall be exempted from payment of fees / charges / mess fees subject to the following conditions:
|Value of Fellowship||Exemption of Fees Waiver etc.|
|Up to Rs. 3000/- per month||Fees waiver + 50% Mess Subsidy|
|Rs. 3001 to 8000 per month||Fees waiver but no Mess Subsidy|
|Rs. 8001 and above per month||No fees waiver and no Hostel Subsidy|
All Eligible SC/ST, OBC, PwD students who are admitted to any college/Deptt.should submit their scholarship form by February for processing.
- All candidates seeking admission to various undergraduate courses of University of Delhi will have to register online as per schedule notified by the University.
- 5% of seats are reserved for candidates under CW categories course wise in all colleges.
- All the CW candidates have to upload the Educational Concession certificate in the enclosed format to be issued by any of the following authorities on the proper letter head.
- Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, Delhi.
- Secretary, Rajya Zila Sainik Board.
- Officer-in-Charge, Record Office.
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate.
- Ministry of Home Affairs (For Police Personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards)
Admission may be offered to the Children/Widows of Officers and Men of the Armed Forces including Para-Military Personnel, in the following order of preference:
- Widows/Wards of Defence personnel killed in action;
- Wards of serving personnel /ex-servicemen disabled in action;
- Widows/Wards of Defence personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to military service;
- Wards of Defence personnel disabled in peace time with disability attributable to the military service; and
Wards of serving Ex-servicemen personnel including personnel of police forces who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards;
Gallantry Awards include: Param Vir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal, Maha Vir Chakra,Kirti Chakra,Uttam Yudh Seva Medal,Vir Chakra,Shaurya Chakra, Yudh Seva Medal ,Sena, Nau Sena,- Vayusena Medal, Mention-in-Despatches, President’s Police Medal for Gallantry, Police Medal for Gallantry.