About Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology(IIST):
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology established in 2007 and it is Asia’s first Space Institute and a ‘Deemed to be University’.
- It is the world’s first Institute that offer the complete range of undergraduate, post graduate, doctoral programmes with specific focus to space science and technology.
- The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology is running in the under of Department of Space, Government of India.
- Candidate will get admission in Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology(IIST) on the basis of secured marks in JEE Advanced 2016 Exam.
- Candidates belonging to general category must have secured least 20% marks in aggregate in the entrance exam and 18% marks for those belonging to OBC category.
- And 10% marks for those belonging to SC, ST & PD.
IIST Offers admission in following programme:
- B.Tech (Avionics).
- B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)
Duration:5 years (Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech)
- M.S. (Astronomy & Astrophysics)
- M.S. (Earth System Science)
- M.S. (Solid State Physics)
- M.Tech. (Optical Engineering)
Table of Page Contents
Total Seats According To Courses.
|Course||No. of Seats|
|B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering||60|
|B.Tech. in Avionics||60|
|Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech.)||20|
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in IIST.
- Candidate must be citizen of India.
- Candidate must have born on or after October 1, 1990 those belonging to General/OBC category
- Candidate must have born on or after October 1, 1985 those belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD).
- Candidate must have 12 class passed or equivalent with physics,chemistry and maths.
Expected date of registration for IIST 2016 is June 10, 2016.
Mode of apply.
Candidate have to go on official website for registration.