ISM Dhanbad 2016 Notification – Apply Online for ISM Dhanbad B.Tech Admission Entrance Exam – Total Branch Wise Seats/ Syllabus/ Pattern & Important Dates.
The Indian School of Mines (ISM) organising Entrance Examination for admission to B. Tech Programmes in academic session 2016-17 .The seats shall be allotted to the students on the basis of JEE Advanced 2016, 12th Class Percentage and will be done through JoSAA Counselling.The ISM Dhanbad offers B. Tech., Dual-degree, Integrated M. Tech., M.Sc./M.Sc. Tech, M.Tech., M.Phil., MBA and Ph.D. in various areas.The candidate those fulfill the eligibility criteria of ISM can apply from the official website of ISM Dhanbad.Online Application for ISM- MSc/MScTech starts from 2nd Week of Feb 2016, ISM- M. Tech Admission 2016 and ISM Junior Research Fellow. Download Syllabus/ Exam Pattern/ Exam Date and Admit card. The counselling process and merit list shall be available after the results.
Table of Page Contents
About ISM Dhanbad
The Indian School of Mines (ISM) or Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Dhanbad is an educational institute located in the mineral-rich region of India, in the city of Dhanbad of India. It was established by British Indian Government and named as theRoyal School of Mines – London, and was formally opened on 9 December 1926 by Lord Irwin. It was started for giving mining education, and has grown into a technical institution with various departments. ISM take admissions through IIT-JEE Advanced.Indian School of Mines has 18 academic departments covering Engineering, Applied Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences andManagement programs. The school has produced many pioneers of the mining and oil industry, including Padma Bhushan awards.
Courses and seats offered by ISM Dhanbad:
|COURSE NAME||NUMBER OF SEATS|
|Computer Science & Engineering||103|
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
|Mining Machinery Engineering||40|
|Computer Science and Engineering+ Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree)||18|
|Mineral Engineering + M.Tech in Mineral Engineering Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree)||15|
|Mining Engineering + Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree)||18|
|Mathematics and Computing, Integrated Master of Technology||40|
|Applied Geology, Integrated Master of Technology||15|
|Applied Geophysics, Integrated Master of Technology||15|
ISM Dhanbad will give admissions only on the basis of JEE Advanced score to the candidates.
Age Limit: Candidate must be 17 years and not more than 25 years of age on or before the October 1, 2016
Following are some eligibility criteria which is mandatorily required to be fulfilled by every candidate,, which aspiring to apply for JoSAA.
- For IIT’s and ISM Academic Courses: If the candidate wants to appear in JoSSA 2016 for admission in IIT’s and ISM then they need to qualify JEE Advanced 2016 and also fulfill the eligibility criteria of score in class 12.
- For IIT’s and ISM Preparatory Courses: If the candidate wants to join the academic courses at IITs and ISM then too they need qualify JEE Advanced 2016 as well as they must also fulfill the eligibility criteria regarding the performance in Class 12.
Candidates need to fulfill any one of the two of following criteria for admission to ISM:
- Top 20 Percentile candidates:The top 20 merit holder candidates in class 12 can apply directly.
- Minimum Marks in Class 12: Candidate must have secured 75% (for GEN or OBC-NCL) or 70% (SC, ST or PwD) of aggregate marks in the Class 12 or equivalent examination.
Mode of application.
- Candidates are required to fill the Online Choice Filling Form for IIT’s, NIT’s and other GFTI’s.
- The candidates those want to join ISM Dhanbad then they have to Register themselves for JoSAA.
- Candidate can apply online from official website of ISM Dhanbad.
- Online Application for ISM- MSc/MScTech starts from 13/2/2015.
- Online Application for ISM- M. Tech starts from 24/2/2015.
- Online Application for ISM- JRF starts from 24/2/2015.
- Applicants have to submit Online Challan/Receipt also with the application form and documents. Please check that the Payment/Transaction ID is visible in Online Challan/Receipt.