JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2016 is conducting for giving admission to the eligible candidate in Postgraduate Medical Education programme offered by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry.The candidates those are seeking to take admission in JIPMER for Medical Education Programme can apply online by visiting official website JIPMER from the date March 7, 2016 and will end on May 4, 2016.
About JIPMER MBBS 2016.
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) is one of the leading and prestigious Medical Institutions of India. JIPMER is Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research situated in Puducherry. The Institute is running under Government which has been declared as an “Institution of National Importance” by an Act of Parliament, JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. JIPMER offers Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical Training.The training will be given through JIPMER Hospital. JIPMER also offers M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S, Degree Courses in 37 disciplines. Admission programme is conducted for the M.B.B.S. Course for 150 seats is done through Entrance Examination conducted by JIPMER.
Table of Page Contents
SEATS ACCORDING TO CATEGORY IS GIVEN BELOW
|Category||No. of Seats|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
P-UR-23, P-OBC-11 & P-SC-6.
|NRI / OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5|
OPH – From the above seats, Four (04) are allotted to eligible OPH candidates on horizontal reservation basis.OCI Candidates can also compete for regular seats by appearing in the Entrance Examination.
Eligibility Criteria JIPMER MBBS 2016
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India.
- Age: Candidate must have attained an age of 17 years on or before December 31, 2016.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English/ Equivalent.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination and whose results are in waiting can also apply for admission.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- Candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/OHP) at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination.
- OPH candidates belonging to general category must have secured a minimum aggregate of 45% marks at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination.
Mode of application Important Dates.
- JIPMER MBBS 2016 Exam Date: 5th June 2016
- JIPMER Online Application Process will begin on 7th March 2016 and will end on 4th May 2016.