MPSC 2016 Prelims Syllabus & Exam Pattern: We are providing complete syllabus for Written Test scheduled to be conducted on 10th April 2016 for Maharashtra State Civil Service Recruitment. The MPSC Board has issued recruitment notice for 109 Grade-II/ III vacancies with advt 145/2015. The online application is open now and eligible candidate can fill the online form before 12th January 2016. There are two papers which shall be compulsory.
Table of Page Contents
MPSC Prelims 2016 Exam Syllabus.
We are providing latest syllabus for Maharashtra State Civil Service Preliminary Exam 2016. There shall be Paper-I/ Paper-II. Both papers is of 200 marks. The duration of test shall be two hours for each paper.
Paper I Syllabus.
The Maharashtra State Civil Service Paper-I is of total 200 marks. The details/complete syllabus for MPSC Prelims Paper-I is given below.
- History of India (with special reference to Maharashtra) and Indian National Movement.
- Current events of state, national and international importance.
- Maharashtra and India – Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj,Urban Governance, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Maharashtra, India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of Maharashtra, India and the World.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change-that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Paper II (200 marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision – making and problem – solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation(Charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.- Class X level)
- Marathi and English Language Comprehension skills (Class X/XII level).
The question papers shall be MCQ type (objective type). The questions relating to Marathi and English Language Comprehension skill of Class X/XII level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from Marathi and English language without providing cross translation thereof in the question paper.It is compulsory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of State Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he / she does not appear in both the papers of State Services (Prelim) Examination.
The scheme for Maharashtra State Civil Service Prelims Exam 2016 is given below. The MPSC State Civil Preliminary Exam 2016 shall contain two papers – Paper-I/ II, both are compulsory. The total marks of papers is 200. Please check below.
|Papers||Marks||Duration of Exam||Level of Exam||Medium||Nature of
|200||Two hours||Degree||Marathi & English||Objective
|200||Two hours||Topic No.(1) to (5) Degree level
Topic No.(6) class X level
Topic No.(7) X / XII level