The Naval Ship Repair Yard Karwar, Port-Blair has issued Tradesman Bharti in December 2015. The candidate can now download written examination syllabus and pattern.
- The paper would be bilingual, i.e. it would be printed in Hindi as well as in English.
- The paper would be required to be answered in OMR Sheet.
- Candidates would be required to darken the circles in the OMR Sheet with Black pen. OMR Sheet
marked with pencil would be rejected outright.
- No marks would be allotted for questions in which multiple darkening has been done in the OMR
- The Trade Test shall be merely qualifying in nature without any marks. However, failure in Trade Test shall be failure in examination.
Table of Page Contents
SYLLABUS FOR EXAMINATION.
- General Science (10 Questions): Questions will be aimed at testing the candidates’ General Awareness of the environment around him. Question will also be designed to test knowledge of basic science studied upto 10th Standard and would include such matters of every day observations and experience as may be expected of any educated person.
- Quantitative Aptitude (10 Questions): The candidate will be tested for general mathematics of upto 10th Standard involving number systems, equation on two variables, simple and compound interest, perimeter, area and volume of geometrical figures, direct and inverse proportions, Pythagoras theorem and trigonometry.
- NCVT Trade (80 Questions): Questions would be from the NCVT Syllabus of relevant trade.
- Trade Test: The syllabus for Trade Test (Practical) will be as per Trade Test Specification of the Semi-Skilled grade of the relevant trade. Viva-voce, if any, considered necessary to test the skill of the candidate being considered for recruitment, will essentially form part of Trade Test.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|Part – A (Objective Type) (10th Standard)||1. General Science (10 Questions)||10 Marks||2 Hours|
|2. Quantitative Aptitude (10 Questions)||10 Marks|
|Part – B (Objective Type) Questions from the NCVT Syllabus of relevant trade.||80 Questions||80 Marks|
|TOTAL||100 Questions||100 Marks|
- Machinist: 06 Posts
- Pipe Fitter: 04 Posts
- Refrigerator & Air Conditioning Fitter: 02 Posts
- Welder: 07 Posts
- Painter: 02 Posts
- Tailor: 02 Posts
- Instrument Fitter: 02 Posts
- Millwright Fitter: 01 Post
- Civil Work: 01 Post
- MT Fitter: 11 Posts
- Shipwright: 09 Posts
- Plater: 01 Post
- Rigger: 05 Posts
- Electrical Fitter: 12 Posts
- ICE Fitter Crane: 01 Post
- ICE Fitter: 12 Posts
- Machinery Control Fitter: 03 Posts
- Engine Fitter: 11 Posts
- Lagger: 03 Posts
- Electronic Fitter: 03 Posts
- Radio Fitter: 04 Posts
- Radar Fitter: 02 Posts
- Gyro Fitter: 01 Post
- Tradesman Mate: 46 Posts.
The basic selection criteria does not automatically entitle a person/applicant to be called for the Written Test/ Interview. If the number of applications received are too large in proportion to the vacancies, the Appointing Authority reserves the right to shortlist the applications, as deemed appropriate and only the shortlisted candidates will then be called for the written test/ interview.
- Qualification/experience will be considered as on the date of closing of application.
- No age relaxation in the upper age limit is admissible for SC/ST/OBC candidates applying for UR vacancies.
- Ex-Serviceman candidates are to produce certificate in support of their claim and meet existing Govt. orders on qualifying as Ex-Serviceman. No age relaxation is admissible to sons/daughters of Ex-Servicemen.
- In case of an Ex-servicemen who has once joined in a Govt. job on the civil side after availing the benefits g–ven tq him as an Ex-Servicemen for his reemployment, his Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.
- The definitions of categories of the persons with disabilities (PWD) for the purpose of reservation in employment as per GOI DOP&T OM No. 36035/3/2004-Estt(Res) dt 29-12-2005 or as modified from time to time_ It may be noted that only such pers ns would be eligible for reservation in services/posts who suffer from not less than 40% (percent) of relevant disability. The candidates are to enclosed PWD certificate indicating– percentage of disability issued by Competent Medical Authority.
- SC/ST candidates are to produce caste certificate in support of their claim an attested copy of certificate in the prescribed form issued by the Competent Authority not below the’rank of Tahsildar/Mandal/Revenue Divisional Officer.
- In cape of OBCs the caste certificate must specify that the candidate does not belong to creamy layers.
- Original certificate shall not be, sent, only attested copies of certificates are to be enclosed with the applications in support of age, educational qualification, caste, experience etc. Original certificates are to be produced by the candidates at the time of interview.