Table of Page Contents
NCHM Hotel Management JEE 2015-16 Notification/ Forms/ Eligibility & Dates.
The Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three Year (Six Semester) course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The program also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety & Quality, Human Resource Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Tourism Management
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR HOSPITALITY GRADUATES.
- Management Trainee in Hotel and allied hospitality industry;
- Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels after initial stint as trainee
- Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services;
- Indian Navy Hospitality services;
- Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
- Management Trainee/Executive in international and national fast food chains;
- Hospital and Institutional Catering;
- Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes;
- Shipping and Cruise lines;
- Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
- State Tourism Development Corporations;
- Resort Management;
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship and Multinational companies for their hospitality services
- Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination as per the board. In the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination(ICSE) or State Boards of Secondary Education(SBSE).
- The student of any stream say(Science/Commerce/Arts) may apply for this course.
How To Apply.
There are basically two modes for applying for JEE. The candidate may apply online as well as offline.
- Sale of Application Form and Information Brochure shall commence from all affiliated Institutes, NCHMCT OFFICE, NOIDA and Food Craft Institute. Detail shall be available in the Council’s website nchm.nic.in from the 14. 12.2016.
- Candidates may also apply through on-line from 14.12.2015 by remitting fee through gateway payment. For on-line application and other details, access website: https//applyadmission.net
- For candidates from General and OBC categories, upper age limit is 22 years as on07.2016. Candidates born on or after July 01, 1994 are eligible.
- In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates, upper age limit is 25 years as on07.2016. That is SC/ST candidates born on or after July 01, 1991 are eligible.
- Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted
- At the time of counselling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling/admission.
Reservation for OBC candidates.
- 27% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to OBC (Non creamy layer) whose name is listed in Central Govt.
- OBC list for admission in Central Govt. Institutes of Hotel Management only. Those belong to the creamy layer of OBC or whose name listed as OBC in the state Govt. list are NOT entitled for OBC reservation.
- Seats remaining vacant in this category shall be filled through General Category candidates, as per Hon,ble Supreme Court ruling.
- The OBC candidates (non-creamy layer) will be required to produce original OBC (NCL), caste certificate issued on or after 1st April, 2014 by a competent authority in the prescribed format at the time of Counselling/Admission.