OUAT 2016 Brochure: The B.Sc Agriculture/ Horticulture/ B.Tech Agriculture at Odisha state shall be conducted by ORISSA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE & TECHNOLOGY. The students who are willing to get admission in Agriculture courses must fill online OUAT 2016 application form. The score card of OUAT 2016 is considered for admission in College of Agriculture, Chiplima and Bhawanipatna, B,Sc. ( Hort.) at College of Horticulture Chiplima, B.F.Sc.at College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda, B.V.Sc. & A.H. at College of Veterinary Sc. & A.H., Bhubaneswar and other Govt/ Private Colleges. Our team at Exam Free Job Alert.com is uploading latest updates of Orissa University Entrance Examination 2016. The student must download previous year papers to practice for exam.
Table of Page Contents
About OUAT (Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology).
The Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT) was established in the year 1962 under the provisions of the Orissa Act, 20 of 1961 and has the triple functions of teaching, research and extension education.
The University offers education at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels in Agriculture, Horticulture, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Fishery Science, Home Science & Forestry in the semester system. Research and Extension programmes are carried out at the Regional Research & Technology Transfer Station.
Below are the important dates for Odisha OUAT 2016 Entrance Examination for Agriculture & other UG Courses. The dates are expected as per Exam Free Job Alert.com team. Please check official brochure.
- Submission of Application Online: 13th March 2016 to 20th April 2016.
- Downloading of Form-‘A’-cum Admit Card: 10th May 2016 to 30th May 2016
- Date of Entrance Examination: 31.05.15(Sunday), 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
- Last Submission of Form ‘B’ (By Post): 10.06.2015 or within 15 days from the date of publication of the result of annual +2 science examination.
List of Colleges Under OUAT 2016.
|Sl.No.||Name of the College||Location||Year of Establishment||Courses|
|01||College of Agriculture||Bhubaneswar||1954||B.Sc. (Ag.), M.Sc. (Ag.) Ph.D. (Agriculture)|
|02||College of Agriculture||Chiplima||1981||B.Sc. (Ag.)|
|03||College of Agriculture||Bhawanipatna||2009||B.Sc. (Ag.)|
|04||College of Horticulture||Chiplima||2008||B.Sc. (Hort.)|
|05||College of Forestry||Bhubaneswar||2010||B.Sc.(Forestry) M.Sc. (Forestry)|
|06||College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry||Bhubaneswar||1955||B. V. Sc. & A. H., M. V. Sc. Ph.D. (Veterinary Sc.)|
|07||College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology||Bhubaneswar||1966||B.Tech. (Agril.Engg.) M.Tech.(Agril. Engg.) Ph. D. (Agril. Engg.)|
|08||College of Home Science||Bhubaneswar||1981||B.Sc.(Home Science) M.Sc.(Home Science)|
|09||College of Fisheries||Rangeilunda||1981||B.F.Sc., M.F.Sc., Ph.D. (Fisheries)|
The entrance examination 2016 shall be conducted for admission in B.Sc Agriculture/ Forestry/ Horticulture/ B.Tech in Agri Engineering etc. Please check the complete details here.
- B.Sc. (Forestry)
- B.Sc. (Horticulture)
- B.V.Sc. & A.H.
- B. Tech. (Agril. Engg.)
- B.Sc. (Home Science) -do- (Girls & Boys).
Minimum Qualification Required.
- +2 Science with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate including extra optional. (for SC/ST/PH candidates is 40%).
- The candidate must check Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology subject option (required).
- Students admitted into B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. (Hort.) / B.Sc. (Forestry) /B.Sc. (Home Science) without having Mathematics or Biology at the +2 stage will have to make up their deficiency by taking pre-requisite courses in the subject (Mathematics / Biology) to be offered during the first two semesters.
College Wise Seat Matrix 2016
Check the total seats available for admission through OUAT 2016 Entrance Exam.
|Name of the Course||Name of the College||GENERAL SEAT||COST SHARING SEATS||
|Reserved Category||unreserved||Total||Reserved Category||Unreserved||Total|
|B.Sc. (Ag.)||College of Agriculture, Bhubaneswar.||17||9||13||6||3||64||112||10||6||10||54||80||192|
|B.Sc. (Ag.)||College of Agriculture, Chiplima||4||2||3||1||1||17||28||0||2||2||16||20||48|
|B.Sc. (Ag.)||College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna||4||2||3||1||1||17||28||0||2||2||16||20||48|
|B. Sc. Hort.)||College of Horticulture, Chiplima||4||2||3||1||1||9||8||28||0||2||2||6||10||20||48|
|B.Sc. (Forestry)||College of Forestry, Bhubaneswar||4||2||3||1||1||17||28||0||2||2||16||20||48|
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.||College of Vety. Sc.&A.H. Bhubaneswar||6||3||5||2||1||23||40||5||3||5||27||40||80|
|B.Tech. (Agril.Engg.)||College of Agril. Engg.& Technology, Bhubaneswar||5||3||4||2||1||17||32||5||3||4||20||32||64|
|B.F.Sc||College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda||3||2||2||1||1||11||20||0||2||3||23||28||48|
|B.Sc. (Home Science)||College of Home Science, Bhubaneswar||5||3||4||2||1||17||32||0||0||0||0||0||32|
Reservation: ICAR/VCI – 15%, SC-8%, ST- 12 %, GCH-5% Ph.Handicapped.-3%
- The seats reserved for SC & ST candidates separately are not interchangeable.
- The SC, ST ( Certificate from the Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahasildar) Green Card Holders and Physically handicapped candidates with certificate from Medical Board depicting a minimum of 40% disability (valid upto date of admission) will be allowed to compete with unreserved category based on general merit besides their claim for reserved seats as per their choice.
- The reserved seats for SC & ST candidates, Green Card Holders, Physically Disabled candidates, ICAR/VCI nominees falling vacant after the due dates, shall be de-reserved and filled up by unreserved candidates on the basis of merit.
- For admission into B.Sc. (Hort.) (09) nine seats under general seats and (06) six seats under cost sharing seats shall be reserved for candidates of Western Odisha. Candidates claiming for such reservation shall submit the permanent residential certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahasildar of his/her native area. In case of non-availability of suitable candidates, the seats will be de-reserved.
SELECTION/ MERIT/ RESULT 2016.
The selection of candidates for Admission into UG Courses as above, will be as per the merit list, which is to be prepared by computing their weigtage taking into consideration the marks secured in all three examinations i.e. 10th, +2 Science and Diploma in Agro-polytechnic and marks secured in the Entrance Examination as per the ratio given below
- S.C. Marks – 10%
- +2 Science – 10%
- Diploma in Agro-Polytechnic under OUAT – 30%
- Entrance Examination-50%
A separate Entrance Test will be conducted for Agro-Polytechnic students carrying 200 marks in objective (multiple choice) type questions in English medium of two hours duration from their respective Agro-Polytechnic stream.
HOW TO APPLY.
A students has to fill online application form available at OUAT Website www.ouat.ac.in and download the Application Form exclusively meant for Agro-Polytechnic Students, from OUAT UG Prospectus 2015-16 “APPLICATION FORM FOR ADMISSION INTO UNDERGRADUATE COURSES 2015-16 FOR OUAT AGRO-POLYTECHNIC PASS OUT STUDENTS ”. He /She has to take a print out of Application Form .The downloaded Application Form dully fill in, along with self-attested photocopies of all the certificates and testimonials including mark sheets and Certificate of Diploma in Agro-Polytechnic (as per Clause-6.2 of the Prospectus ) and the application fee Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand) only in shape of Bank Draft / Bankers Cheque in favour of Comptroller ,OUAT, Bhubaneswar payable at SBI OUAT Campus Branch, Bhubaneswar, is to be sent by the Registered Post/Speed Post/Courier Service to
the Director, AgroPolytechnic, OUAT, Bhubaneswar-751003
so as to reach by due date and time i.e.17.04.2015 (5 pm). The top of the envelop should be superscribed “Application Form for OUAT UG Entrance Examination 2015-16 by Diploma in Agro-polytechnic Students”.