Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL) has issued Vacancies of 76 Diploma Trainee/ Chemist recruitment 2016. You can download Full Syllabus/ Written Test Exam Pattern for Jr. Technician/ Diploma Trainee (Civil/ Electrical/ ECE). The previous years question papers with solution download. The objective type of question paper of two hours (Part-I/ Part-II) papers syllabus is given below.
Table of Page Contents
PGCIL Diploma Trainee/ Chemist Syllabus & Pattern 2016.
Scheme of Examination 2016.
|Post ID||Name of Post||Selection process|
|1||Diploma Trainee (Electrical)||Written Test (100 % weightage )|
|2||Diploma Trainee (Civil)||Written Test (100 % weightage)|
|3||Diploma Trainee (Electronics & Communication)||Written Test (100 % weightage)|
|4||Chemist||Written Test (100 % weightage) & Trade Test (Qualifying in Nature)|
|5||Jr. Technician Trainee (Electrical)||Written Test (100 % weightage) & Trade Test (Qualifying in Nature)|
*Mode of selection may change for any / all post subject to the number of applicants and management discretion:
- Written Test shall be of Objective (each question shall have four answer options) Type of two hours duration consisting of two parts:
- Part-I consists of Professional Knowledge Test with 120 questions having specific questions of respective discipline. E.g.-If the Candidate has applied for Diploma Trainee (Electrical) then question shall be from Electrical discipline.
- Part-II consists of Supervisory Aptitude Test for Diploma Trainee (Electrical/Civil/Electronics and Communication) and General Aptitude Test for Junior Technician Trainee(Electrical)/Chemist with 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, ability to determine data sufficiency, interpretation of graphs/charts/tables, numerical ability etc.
- For Supervisory Posts – (Diploma Trainee (Electrical/Civil/Electronics & Communications) –
To qualify against Unreserved Vacancies, candidates have to score at least 40% marks in Written Test with at least 30% marks each in Part I and II separately. For Reserved vacancies- If reservation is applicable (i.e. OBC (NCL), SC, ST) ,the qualifying criteria in Written Test is 30% marks with at least 25% marks scored in each Part I and II separately.
- For Workmen Posts – (Chemist/Junior Technician Trainee) – To qualify candidates have to score minimum aggregate of 40% marks (Part I & II combined) in case of Unreserved vacancies and minimum aggregate of 30% marks (Part I & II combined) for reserved vacancies- If reservation is applicable (i.e. OBC (NCL), SC, ST) for Junior Technician Trainee.
- Candidates qualifying Written Test for Chemist and Jr. Technician Trainee (Electrical) shall be shortlisted for Trade Test on merit basis in Written Examination.
- Final Merit for selection of all posts will be decided based on marks secured by the candidates in Written Test (100% Weightage). Trade Test for post of Chemist and Jr Technician Trainee (Electrical) will be in qualifying nature only. Trade test will not have any weightage for calculation of Final Scores.
- All questions carry equal marks (1 mark). Wrong and multiple answers would result in negative marks of 1/4.
- The applicants will have the option to appear for Written Test in HINDI/ ENGLISH language. (Question paper will be in bilingual except questions of English language Test)
- The Offer of Appointment shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on the requirement. The management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards/criteria and/or conduct a screening test to restrict the number of candidates for Written Exam/ Trade Test. Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the PreEmployment Medical Examination to be conducted as per POWERGRID Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness.
- The Candidates qualified in the Written Test shall be shortlisted for Trade Test (wherever applicable) in the prescribed ratio, subject to minimum cut-off percentage of marks of 40% for UR vacancies and 30% for reserved vacancies including PwD. Reserved category candidates who have not availed any relaxation, shall be eligible to be called under UR vacancy, if they are falling in the prescribed ratio for UR vacancies.