The Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana is going to conduct PAU Entrance Examination 2016 for Admission in B.Sc Agriculture/ Diploma Courses/ Master Courses in Govt/ Private Agriculture Universities in Punjab. The online application of Punjab PAU 2016 shall be available on APMS ADMISSION PROCESS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (APMS) website.
- Bachelor of Science (Agri) Hons. – 4 years programme.
- Bachelor of Education to Agriculture and Home Science graduates – 1 year programme.
- Masters in Science – In 12 disciplines.
- Ph.D Courses.
Table of Page Contents
|Last Date for Receipt of Application form [Expected Dates]|
|Programmes||Last date to fill forms||with late fee Rs. 1000/-|
|Programmes having Entrance Test||10th May 2016||16th May 2016|
|Without Entrance Test||10th June 2016||20th June 2016|
|Ph.D. Programmes||15th October 2016||22nd October 2016|
|Date of Entrance Test||12th July 2016|
Please check the list of courses in Punjab Agriculture University.
PAU Undergraduate Courses.
- Diploma Course in Hybrid Seed Production Technology
- B.Sc. Agri. (Hons.)4-year
- B.Sc. Biotechnology(Hons.) 4-year *
- B.Tech. Food. Tech.4-year *
- B.Sc. Agri. (Hons.)6-year at Institute of Agriculture, Bathinda
- B.Sc. Agri. (Hons.)6-year at Institute of Agriculture, Gurdaspur
- B.Tech. (Agril. Engg.)4-year
- 5-year Integrated M.Sc. (Hons.) * programme in Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology and Zoology. Candidates for above programme may opt for B.Sc. degree after 3 years subject to the fulfillment of requirement of the degree.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Home Science 4-year
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Fashion Designing 4-year*
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Interior Design 4-year *
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Nutrition & Dietetics 4-year*
Master Programs 2016.
Agriculture Master Courses.
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Extension Education
- Food Technology
- Horticulture(Floriculture & Landscaping)
- Horticulture (Fruit Science)
- Horticulture (Vegetable Science)
- Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology
- Civil Engineering (Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering/ Structural Engineering)
- Computer Applications *
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Farm Machinery & Power Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Processing & Food Engineering
- Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System*
- Soil & Water Engineering
College of Basic Sciences & Humanities
- Agricultural Economics
- Business Administration (Agribusiness)
- Business Administration Biochemistry
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Zoology 5-year Integrated M.Sc. (Hons.) *
HOW To APPLY.
Candidates can apply either online or offline as under.
(i) ONLINE MODE
Applicants have to pay ` 3955/- for each Entrance Test that includes the cost of downloaded form/Prospectus.
A valid unique e-mail ID is necessary for uploading each application form.
- The candidates are advised to visit PAU website www.pau.edu and click the following link page on the website:
PAU ADMISSION 2016-2017 ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST APPLICATION FORM
- A clear and recent passport size coloured photograph with size upto 50 KB in JPG/JPEG format and scanned copy of signature (black/blue) with size upto 50 KB are required for uploading while filling online application form.
- After completing the application form, the candidate is required to click the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- A verification link will be sent to the candidate’s e-mail ID. Candidate has to click on the verification link.
- After verification, the candidate has to login using his e-mail ID and Date of Birth in order to download/print the application form and the Bank Challan Form of either Punjab National Bank OR Bank of India. A Unique Identity (UID) number will appear on the top of application form as well as on the Challan Form.
- After taking the printout, the candidate has to visit any branch of the above-mentioned banks with the relevant Challan Form in order to deposit fee as mentioned on Challan Form.
(ii) OFFLINE MODE
Applicants have to pay Rs 2860/- for each Entrance Test in addition to cost of the Prospectus ( Rs 1595/- at the Counter or Rs1705 by Post)
- Prospectus and application form can be obtained from The Additional Director of Communication, Centre for Communication and International Linkages, PAU, Ludhiana – 141 004 (near University Gate Number 1) personally on payment of Rs.1595/- in cash at the counter or by post by sending bank draft of Rs.1705/- in favour of Additional Director of Communication payable at Ludhiana. The name of programme for which the form is required should be mentioned in the request and also at the back of the bank draft.
- The candidate is required to fill separate application form for each entrance test as under:
Pink (AAT): B.Sc. Agri.(Hons.)6-year programme at Bathinda and Gurdaspur (after Matric)
Green (CET): B.Sc. Agri (Hons.) 4-year, B.Sc. Biotech (Hons.) 4-year, B.Tech. Food Tech. 4-years, B.Sc. (Hons.)H.Sc. 4-year, B.Sc. (Hons.) Nutrition and Dietetics 4-year, 5-yr Integrated M.Sc. (Hons.) in Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology, Zoology programmes (after 10+2 in Science).
Blue (CET-Design): B.Sc.(Hons.) Fashion Designing 4-year, B.Sc. (Hons.) Interior Design 4-year programme (after 10+2)
Yellow: All other Entrance Tests
White: 1. M.Tech. Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System (without Entrance Test), 2. Diploma Course in Hybrid Seed Production Technology
Note: White Application Form is also required to be filled by the candidates called for counselling after clearing Entrance Test.
3. All columns in the application form should be filled in and written carefully and legibly by the candidate in his/her own handwriting. Incomplete application form is liable to be rejected.
4. The candidate should paste one latest passport size photograph on the application form and attach another passport size photograph with the application form before sending the application form. The candidate should also keep one identical photograph ready with him/her for pasting it on downloaded admit card. These photographs should be same in all respects as the candidate wishes to appear in the examination/counselling i.e. if the candidate wishes to appear with beard/turban/dupatta/specs etc., photograph should be identical.
5. The Entrance Test fee should be deposited in Punjab National Bank or Bank of India, using Challan Form, available in the PAU Prospectus. The bank will return two parts of the Challan Form.