Table of Page Contents
- 1 SELECTION PROCESS in Railway Police Constable.
- 2 RPF Railway Police Written Test 2016.
- 3 Railway Police Constable Physical Test 2016.
- 4 Document Verification Stage (List)
- 5 Bonus Marks (NCC/ SPORTS) in Railway Constable.
- 6 MEDICAL EXAMINATION.
SELECTION PROCESS in Railway Police Constable.
The candidate has to fill online RPF Female Constable Bharti forms 2016. The eligible candidate has to appear for the the written examination. The qualified/ shortlisted candidate list are prepared on the basis of Written Test, Physical PET/ PMT, Medicla Test & document verification and awarding of bonus marks on the basis of NCC/sports certificates and Height.
RPF Railway Police Written Test 2016.
Written examination will be conducted for those candidates who are found eligible after analysis of application form. The written examination will be on OMR based Answer Sheets which will comprise of 120 multiple choice objective type questions of one mark each. The test will be of 90 minutes duration. The question paper shall be of matriculation standard.
The question paper will consist of 50 questions on General Awareness, 35 questions on Arithmetic and 35 questions on General Intelligence and Reasoning. Candidates will be required to answer all questions and will be awarded 01 [one] mark for each correct answer. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. No mark will be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
RPF Question Paper Languages.
|S.No||States & Union Territories where centres may be located||Language options offered|
|1||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa, A&N Islands, Lakshadweep, Puducherry||Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada|
|2||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Gujarati|
|3||Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Assam, Odisha, Sikkim, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland||Hindi, English, Urdu, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Manipuri|
|4||Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh||Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi|
- Question paper will be set in Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Manipuri and Punjabi. Applicants who wish to write the exam in a particular language may indicate so in the ONLINE / OFFLINE application form. Language, once chosen cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- Keeping in mind the provision for negative marking in the written examination, it will be necessary to obtain 35% marks (30% marks by SC and ST candidates) to qualify in the written test.
Railway Police Constable Physical Test 2016.
- Only those candidates who qualify in the written examination will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the number of vacancies in each category. The e-admit cards for PET & PMT will be downloaded by the candidates who applied through online mode in the manner as shown in Para- 16. In regard to the candidates who applied through offline mode, call letters will be sent to them by post in the self addressed stamped envelops submitted by the candidates along with the application form. The candidates shall be allowed to appear in the PET/PMT on production of original call letters only.
- The PET will consist of three events mentioned in the table below. A candidate has to qualify in all the events to be declared qualified in PET. All the events are compulsory to qualify. However, no marks will be awarded for any of the events. The minimum
|Event||Female||Number of chances|
|800 meters||03 min 40 sec||One|
|Long Jump||12 feet||Two|
|High Jump||03 feet||Two|
800 meters run will be held first and only those candidates who qualify in this event will further take part in the remaining events of the PET. The candidates who qualify in PET will be measured for eligibility with respect to height. Candidates, who fail in any of the events of the PET or in PMT, will be declared “failed”.
NOTE :- Ex-service women will be exempted from PET.
Document Verification Stage (List)
The Candidates who qualify in the PET and PMT will be called for Document verification. The candidates not exceeding 1.5 times the number of notified vacancies in that category will be called for Document Verification. The e-admit cards for Document verification will be downloaded by the candidates who applied through online mode in the manner as shown below in Para-16. In regard to the candidates applied through offline mode, call letters will be sent to them by post and the candidates shall be allowed to appear in the document verification on production of original call letter only.
The candidates must produce all original documents in support of their educational qualification, age, SC/ST/OBC status wherever applicable [on the format prescribed in the advertisement], domicile certificate and any other document related to extra curricular activities [including NCC] at the time of Document Verification. Request for production of the original documents on a later day will not be entertained under any circumstances except in cases where the caste certificate has been produced in a format other than prescribed or where any certificate is claimed to have been lost/stolen (claim supported by FIR), in which case the candidate will be allowed a time extension of four (4) weeks. Failure to produce the documents shall lead to disqualification of the candidate. The appearance of the candidate for document verification will be compulsory. Those who do not appear at the document verification will not be considered in the final selection, irrespective of their performance in the written examination and PET.
Bonus Marks (NCC/ SPORTS) in Railway Constable.
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) Female Constable Bonus marks shall be allotted as under:
- Candidate with Certificate – B: 01 Mark
- Candidate with Certificate – C: 02 Marks
- * Maximum bonus marks for NCC certificate will not exceed: 02 marks
** Benefit will be given only on production of Original Certificates supporting their claim. This benefit is not available to Ex-Servicewomen.
GAMES & SPORTS:
- Represented University at inter-university sports: 01 Mark
- Represented State at inter-state sports: 02 Marks
- Represented India at an International sports meet: 03 Marks
- Medal winner at National Level Sports Meet: 03 Marks
Bonus marks will be awarded separately for each discipline / sports. If a candidate produces more than one certificate in one discipline / sport, then participation at the highest level will only be considered. Maximum bonus for Games and Sports certificate will not exceed 03 marks.
- Candidate whose height is 165 cms. or above will be awarded 03 bonus marks.
- Total bonus marks for all the above put together will not exceed 05 marks.
The candidates who appear in Document Verification will be sent for a medical examination at the Railway Hospitals. They have to qualify in medical category ‘B-1’ as prescribed in Indian Railway Medical Manual. Those wearing glasses or having flat foot, knock-knee, squint eyes, colour blindness and other bodily defects are not eligible for appointment. Sending for Medical Examination will not guarantee employment and does not reflect that the candidate has been included in the select list.