Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Entrance Exam SAAT-2016 Notification: The SOA University Admission Test 2016 prospectus is available for the academic session 2016-2017 entrance examination. The student willing to take admission in UG/ PG/ Dual Degree/ Diploma must fill the online application form of SAAT-2016. As per the Official Notice from Registrar of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, this year the SAAT exam shall held on 7th May 2016. We are providing brochure/ syllabus & scheme of examination/ expected score cut-off marks/ eligibility & document list to send at the time of open counselling. The SAAT 2016 exam is held at 72 centres across 50 cities in India. This is the 9th SAAT exam being organized by SOA University, a deemed to be university accredited by NAAC with A grade.
Table of Page Contents
- 1 SAAT 2016 Entrance Exam Courses List.
- 2 SAAT 2016 Important Dates
- 3 List of Document at the time of SOA SAAT 2016 Counselling.
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
- 5 Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
- 6 How to Apply
- 7 SAAT 2016 Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
SAAT 2016 Entrance Exam Courses List.
The Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Bhubaneswar, Odisha is going to conduct SAAT 2016 for admission in graduate/ post graduate/ diploma/ dual degree courses. The score/ merit of SAAT 2016 is considered for the admission purpose.
BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in different branches of engineering at ITER.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) at IMS & SUM Hospital.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) at IDS.
- Bachelor of Business Administration at IBCS
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) at SPS.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) at SHM.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (B.Sc. Ag.) at IAS.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing) at SNC.
- Post Basic Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing) at SNC.
DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMMES.
- Dual Degree in Engineering (B.Tech. & M.Tech.) (DDE) in different branches of
engineering at ITER.
- Integrated BA LLB (Hons) and BBA LLB (Hons) at SNIL
MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering Department, Civil Engineering Department, Electronics & Communication Engineering Department, Electrical Engineering Department, Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department, Mechanical Engineering Department, Computer Science & Information Technology Department, Computer Science & Engineering Department, Computer Science & Data Processing, Material Science & Technology, Environmental Science & Technology and Biotechnology at ITER.
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) at ITER.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) at IBCS.
- MBA in Hospital Administration (MHA) at IBCS.
- Master of Hospitality Management (MHM) at SHM.
- Master of Tourism & Travel Management (MTTM) at SHM.
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance,
- Pharmacology and Pharmatechnology at SPS.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Nano Science & Nano Technology at ITER,
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, Molecular Biology and Chemical Biology & Drug Design at SPS, and
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Biotechnology at CBT.
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.Sc. Nursing) in Medical & Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, and Obstetric & Gynaecological Nursing at SNC.
LATERAL ENTRY PROGRAMMES.
Under Lateral Entry (LE) scheme 20% of intake capacity of previous year in appropriate discipline and carry forward vacant seats of 1st year of Engineering / Pharmacy / Hotel Management / Nursing / MCA will be filled up at the 2nd year level. These seats will be considered over and above the intake capacity. (Refer – Appendix-XVI)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in different branches at ITER.
- Lateral Entry MCA at ITER.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) at SPS.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) at SHM.
SAAT 2016 Important Dates
- Availability of Application form: 2nd March 2016.
- Last Date for Form Submission: 2nd April 2016
- Admit Card Available: after 20th April 2016.
- Date of SAAT Entrance Exam: 7th May 2016 (Saturday)
- Publication of Result (Tentative): 20th May 2016
- 1st Sitting: 9.00 AM to 11.00 AM – Physics & Chemistry/BHMCT / MCA /MBA / MHM/MTTM / M.Sc. All) MBA (Hospital Admin)
- 12.00 Noon to 1.00PM – Mathematics.
- 2nd Sittings: 2.30 PM to 4.30 PM – Biology /All Lateral Entries /Post Basic Nursing /M.Tech. / M.Pharm. /M.Sc. Nursing/BA LLB / BBA LLB /BBA Courses.
List of Document at the time of SOA SAAT 2016 Counselling.
- Admit card of SAAT-2016
- Rank Card of SAAT–2016
- Proof of Identity
- Original Date of Birth Certificate / 10th certificate
- Original School / College Leaving Certificate
- 12th board +2 Certificate
- 12th board +2 Mark Sheet and 10th Mark Sheet
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree Certificate (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate (for MCA / M.Tech. /M.Pharm. / M.Sc. Nursing / M.Sc. All / MBA /
MHA /MHM / MTTM)
- Bachelor’s Degree Mark Sheet (for MCA / M.Tech. / M.Pharm. / M.Sc. Nursing / M.Sc. All / MBA / MHA /MHM / MTTM)
- Bank Draft: A fee of ` 30,000/- in the form of a demand draft drawn from any nationalized bank in favour of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar, payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Any other relevant certificate as mentioned in this Brochure.
- Two sets of attested photocopy of all original documents.
- Four recent passport size coloured photographs
- Caste Certificate in the prescribed format along with original caste certificate.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
The eligibility criteria for SOA University Admission Test (Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test – SAAT 2016) for various UG Courses is elaborated as below
MBBS/BDS Admission Eligibility.
Pass or appearing at 10+2 exam or any equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology) and English individually and must have secured a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying exam
In respect of the candidates belonging to SC/ST & OBC the marks secured in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying exam can be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates
For PH candidates qualifying exam marks is 45% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together. As per MCI & DCI guidelines candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) taken together in the entrance test
All candidates must pass in English
B.Sc in Nursing (Basic):
Pass or appearing at 10+2 examination (in the year 2016) with at least 45% marks in aggregate (English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together) and 40% marks in aggregate for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
The student must pass or appearing at 10+2 exam with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory Mathematics/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology/IT or any other subject as approved by appropriate authority, by securing atleast 45% marks taken together in the subjects mentioned (40% incase of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category); or Pass in Diploma Program in Pharmacy with less than 60% marks
BHMCT: Pass or appearing at 10+2 examination (2016) in any discipline with atleast 45% marks (40% incase of SC/ST/OBC category)
Age limit: The lower age limit is 17 years and the upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for SC/ST candidates
Eligibility for B.Tech/Dual Degree in Engineering/Dual Degree in Management.
The candidate must Pass or appearing at 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects alongwith one of the following subjects; Chemistry/Computer Science/Information Technology/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Informatics/ Statistics or any other subject as approved by appropriate authority, by securing atleast 50% marks taken together in the subjects (or);
Pass in Diploma in Engineering/Technology with less than 60% marks in aggregate
Age limit: The lower age limit is 17 years as on 31st December
Post Basic B.Sc in Nursing (Post Basic): Passed GNM examination, and registered with concerned State Nursing Council. Candidate must be a member of TNAI
Five years Integrated BA LLB & BBA LLB Honours Program: Pass or appearing the 10+2 or equivalent in any stream with atleast 45% marks. Relaxable to 40% in case of SC/ST. Candidate should not have completed 20 years of age as on 1st August
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
The eligibility criteria for SOA University Admission Test (Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test – SAAT 2016) for various PG Courses is elaborated as below
For M.Tech Programs
- Pass or appearing in BE/B.Tech/AMIE /MCA/M.Sc in the respective discipline or equivalent
- Candidates having MCA & M.Sc (Maths) degree are eligible for M.Tech in Comp Sci. & Data Processing; candidates with M.Sc (Electronics) are eligible for M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engg and M.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engg., M.Sc in Computer Science and IT are eligible for M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering and CS & IT respectively
- A candidate with B.Tech (Environmental/Chemical/Civil/Mechanical/Metallurgy) or M.Sc (Environmental Sci/Chemistry/Biotechnology/Geology/Life Science/Botany/Zoology) is eligible for M.Tech in Environmental Science & Technology
- M.Tech in Biotechnology, candidates having B.Tech/B.E in Biotechnology or related fields/M.Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Life Science or equivalent/MBBS/B.Pharm/B.V.Sc with Biology as a subject at +2 level are eligible
- Admission to M.Tech, candidates have to pass the qualifying examination with atleast 50% marks
- GATE qualified candidates are exempted from the entrance test, but they have to submit the filled up form
- Pass or appearing at three year Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any recognised University with atleast 50% of marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Category) having Mathematics at 10+2 level or at +3 level
- Candidates having Business mathematics at +2 or +3 level are not eligible
- Pass or appearing three year Bachelor Degree in Science, Commerce and Arts/B.E/B.Tech/MBBS/ B.Pharm/B.Sc Agri/BVSC/BHMS/BAMS/BDS/BPT/BHMCT/BBA/BCA exam or equivalent from any recognised University with atleast 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category)
- For MHMCT the candidate must have secured atleast 50% marks (45% incase of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Category) in BHMCT
- Candidate having a minimum composite score of 500 in GMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA or any other equivalent test are exempted from appearing SAAT. They are required only to submit the filled up application form; admission will be done on the basis of performance in SAAT or MAT followed by group discussion and personal interview (GD/PI), all taken together
M.Pharm: Pass or appearing at B.Pharm examination from any recognized University with atleast 50% marks
M.Sc All (Biotechnology/Nano Science & Nano Tech/Medicinal & Aromatic Plants/Molecular Biology/Chemical Biology & Drug Design): Pass or appearing at three year Bachelor degree in Science OR four year Bachelor course in Agriculture/Pharmacy/Veterinary/Engg/Technology/ Medicine (MBBS/BDS) from any recongnised University with atleast 50% marks (45% incase of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category)
M.Sc in Chemical Biology & Drug Design the candidates should have B.Sc Chemistry (Honours) /B.Tech in Chemical Engg/B.Pharm/M.Pharm with atleast 50% marks (45% incase of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category)
M.Sc in Nursing: Passed B.Sc Nursing (Basic/Post Basic) Degree with 55% aggregate from an Institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council with a minimum of one year experience either in teaching or clinical area but they should be registered in State Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife
LLM: Pass or appearing Bachelor Degree in Law or studied Integrated Law Course or equivalent thereof, from any recognized University, securing 50% Marks in aggregate
Lateral Entry Programs
Admission to 2nd year Degree Program in Engg, Pharmacy & Hotel Management for Diploma holders; pass or appearing at three-year diploma course in Engg/ Pharmacy and Hotel Management respectively with at least 60% marks in aggregate from State Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training (SCTE&VT), Odisha or equivalent
Lateral Entry MCA: Pass or appearing in three year Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), B.Sc in Information Technology and B.Sc in Computer Science with atleast 60% of marks in aggregate from any recognized University.
How to Apply
- Candidates can apply online at www.soauniversity.ac.in
- Application Form and Information Brochure of SAAT-2016 can be obtained in Person/by Post from the SOA University, Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar-751030, or from different counters of the constituent institutes of the university on payment of Rs.500/- in cash (on account of exam fees)
- Bank Draft: A Fee of Rs 40,000/- in the form of a demand draft drawn from any nationalized bank in favour of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar, payable at Bhubaneswar
- Any other relevant certificate as mentioned in this Brochure
- Two sets of attested photocopy of all original documents
- Four recent passport size coloured photographs
- Caste Certificate in the prescribed format along with original caste certificat
- For further details on the admission procedure, please visit the website of the University www.soauniversity.ac.in
SAAT 2016 Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
There will be multiple-choice questions. The number of questions will be 60 per each hour of exam
- Each question shall have four probable answers with only one is correct answer, and the examinee shall have blacken only the correct circle with HB pencil or black/blue ballpoint pen
- Each correct answer shall carry four marks whereas each incorrect answer will lead to deducation of one mark. Each unaanswered question will carry zeor mark
- If more than one circle is darkened for one question, it will be treated as an incorrect answer and one mark will be deducted
- Eeach question is followed by answers, which have numbers A, B, C and D. Select the correct answer
- Then by using HB pencil or black/blue pen darken the circle bearing the correct answer in the answer sheet against corresponding number of the question
Contact & Helpline Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University.
Institute of Technology Education and Research, (Faculty of Engineering Technology), Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade, Deemed to be University, Khandagiri Square, PO Khandagiri Bhubaneswar-751030, Odisha, Website www.soauniversity.ac.in