Download Phase-I (Preliminary) Written Test Exam Syllabus for SSC CPO Paper-I 2016 written test. The exam time table is available. The candidate has to appear for Paper-I Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police/ BSF/ SSB/ CRPF/ CISF and Assistant Sub-Inspector vacancies. The candidate can download complete syllabus of SSC SI Delhi Police 2016 written test. Syllabus for SSC CPO Paper-I 2016 Exam [SI Delhi Police/ CAPF] & Exam Pattern
Table of Page Contents
Exam Pattern of SSC CPO 2016.
The Staff Selection Commission, New Delhi recruitment board is going to conduct written test (Paper-I) and (Paper-II). There shall be four section (Part A/ B/ C/ D) in the Phase-I SSC CPO 2016 written test. These are General Intelligence and Reasoning, GK, Quantitative Aptitude, English Comprehension. All four parts carry 50 marks. The mains or paper-ii of CPO consist of English language & Comprehension (200 marks).
SSC CPO 2016 Paper-I Scheme/ Pattern.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration/ Time Allowed|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||Two Hours|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50||(Shift 1: 10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon)|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||Shift 2: 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM) Note: Entry to the examination venue will not be allowed after 9.30 AM in the morning shift and after 1.30 PM in the afternoon shift.|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
- Written Examination (Date of Examination 20-03-2016 for Paper-I) PAPER-I
- PAPER-II (Date of Examination 05-06-2016)
Pattern of SSC CPO Main Exam (Paper-II) 2016.
|Subject||Maximum Marks /Questions.||Duration and timing|
|English language & Comprehension||200 marks/200 questions||Two Hours(10.00AM to 12.00 Noon)(2.00PM to 4.00 PM) Note: Entry to the examination venue will not be allowed after 9.30 AM in the morning shift and after 1.30 PM in the afternoon shift.|
Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts A, B and C of Paper I. Deduction of 0.25 marks will be made for each incorrect answer marked on OMR Answer Sheet.
Note-I: The Commission reserves the right to conduct Tier I and/or Tier II Exam in computer based mode. The Commission also reserves the right to add an additional Tier in the scheme of Examination.
NOTE-II: Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic/electrical device for answering any paper (Test Booklets). Candidates must not, therefore, bring Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic / electrical device inside the Examination premises. Possession of these items, whether in use or not, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the Examination and candidature of such candidates will be canceled forthwith. Such candidates are also liable for debarment upto a period of 3 years and/or criminal prosecution.
NOTE-III: Commission will place the answer keys of Paper-I and Paper-II on its website after the examination. Objections and claims if any, received within the time limit specified while placing answer keys will be examined by the Commission with the help of experts, if necessary, and the decision of the Commission will be final.
SSC SI Delhi Police 2016 Complete Syllabus (Paper-I).
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion, Indexing Address matching, Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other subtopics if any.
- General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand Correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.