Madhya Pradesh (MP) Gramin Krishi Vistar Adhikari 244 Vacancies Written Test Syllabus & Exam Pattern Download. MP VYAPAM PEB has issued recruitment advertisement in July 2016 for 244 ग्रामीण कृषि विस्तार अधिकारी मध्य प्रदेश व्यापम | The candidate can download admit card online at peb.mponline.gov.in website. There are two papers 100 marks of each. So, total 200 marks. The second papers is B.Sc. (Horticulture) Course for
the RHEO examination 2016.
Table of Page Contents
MP PEB Syllabus & Pattern
Below is the complete syllabus & scheme of examination Gramin Krishi Vistar Adhikari written test is given below.
Pattern for Gramin Krishi Vistar Adhikari (MP VYAPAM).
|Paper-II||B.Sc. (Horticulture) Course for
the RHEO examination 2016
Paper-II Syllabus Download.
- Elementary Statistics Basic concepts, Dispersion, Probability, Test of Significance,Correlation, Experimental Designs, Computer application, basic concepts of computers.
- Fundamentals of Soil Science Composition of earth’s crust, soil as a natural body, Problem soils, Physical parameters, Relation between BD (bulk density), Ad, Pore space, Munsell colour chart, Soil air, Ion exchange, pH and nutrient availability, soil orders; land capability classifications, soil of different eco-systems and their properties, management of problem soils- soils environmental quality. Irrigation water quality
- Principles of Landscape Gardening
- Introductory Economics Nature and scope of economics, Consumption, Wants, Theory of demand, Price, Engel’s law of family expenditure, Theory of firm, theories of populations, Capital and its characteristic, Enterprises, Laws or return, Law of supply, Market equilibrium, Price determination.
- Elementary Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology Carbohydrates, Lipids, Plant pigments, Proteins, Enzymes, Vitamins and minerals, Carbohydrate metabolism. History of biotechnology, Fundamentals principles, micro-propagation and scope for commercialization, Application of micro-grafting in horticultural crops, Cryo- preservation., Genetic engineering.
- Introductory Crop Physiology Water Relations in Plants, Stomata, Osmotic pressure, Drought: Different types of stresses; Plant Nutrition, Environmental Stimuli for plant development.
- Fundamentals of Horticulture Economic importance and classification of Horticultural crops, Productions and practices for fruit, vegetable and floriculture crops, nursery techniques and their management.
- Introductory Microbiology History and Scope of Microbiology, Development of microbiology in India, Specimen Preparation: The bright field microscope, Difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, General properties of viruses, General principal of bacterial genetics.
- Principles of Genetics and Cytogenetic Historical background of genetics, theories and hypothesis, Gametogenesis and syngamy in plants, Mendelian genetics, Chromosome theory of inheritance, Multiple alleles, Cytoplasmic inheritance, Chemical basis of heredity, structure of DNA and its replication. Evidence to prove DNA and RNA, Mutations and their classification. Chromosomal aberrations.
- Tropical and Sub-Tropical Fruits Horticultural classification of fruits including genome classifications, Horticultural zones of India, Physiological disorders. Postharvest technology, Production problems, Rainfed horticulture, importance and scope of arid and semi-arid zones of India.
- Tropical and Sub-Tropical Vegetables Area, production, economic importance and export potential of tropical and sub-tropical vegetable crops. Description of varieties and hybrid, climate and soil requirements, seed rate, preparation of field, nursery practices; transplanting of vegetable crops and planting for directly sown/transplanted vegetable crops.
- Principles of Plant Breeding Plant breeding as a dynamic science, genetic basis of Plant Breeding,
- Soil Fertility and Nutrient Management Introduction to soil fertility and productivity, Essential plant nutrient elements- functions, deficiency systems, transformations and availability.
- Fundamentals of Food Technology Food and its function, physio-chemical properties of foods, food preparation techniques, relation of nutrition of good health, Protein, Lipids Mineral nutrition, Vitamins.
- Water Management in Horticultural Crops Importance of water, resources in India, Available and unavailable soil moisture, Water requirement of horticultural crops- lysimeter studies, sprinkler and drip irrigation, their suitability, merits and limitations, fertigation, economic use of irrigation water.
- Plant Propagation and Nursery Management Propagation: Need and potentialities for plant multiplication, sexual and asexual methods of propagation.
- Environmental Science Environment: introduction, definition and importance.
- Growth and Development of Horticultural Crops Growth and development, canopy development Plant bioregulators-auxin, gibberellins, cytokinin, ethylene inhibitors and retardants, Flowering-factors.
- Fundamentals of Plant Pathology Introduction of the science of Phytopathology, its objectives, scope and historical background.
- Fundamentals of Entomology Introduction to phylum arthropoda, Importance of class Insect, Insect dominance, Definition, Division and scope of entomology.
- Temperate Vegetables Importance of cool season vegetable crops in nutrition and national economy. Area, production, export potential, description of varieties and hybrids, origin, climate and soil, production technologies, seed production, postharvest technology.
- Nematode Pests of Horticultural Crops and their Management History of development of hematology – definition, economic importance, Role of nematodes in plant disease complex.
- Diseases of Fruits, Plantation and Medicinal and Aromatic Crops: Etiology, symptoms, mode of spread, epidemiology and integrated management of the diseases of diseases of fruits, plantation, medicinal and aromatic crops viz mango, banana, grape, citrus, guava, sapota etc. ‘
- Farm Power and Machinery IC Engines, Electric motors, Tillage, Secondary tillage implements, Crop harvesting equipments.
- Temperate Fruits Classification of temperate fruits, detailed study of areas, production, varieties, climate and soil requirements, propagation, planting density, cropping systems etc.
- Weed Management in Horticultural Crops Weeds: Introduction, harmful and beneficial effects, classification, propagation and dissemination; Concepts of weed prevention, control and eradication.
- Commercial Floriculture Scope and importance of commercial floriculture in India, production techniques of ornamental plants.
- Soil and Plant Analysis Methods of soil and plant sampling and processing for analysis, Chemical and mineral composition of horticultural crops.
- Spices and Condiments History, scope and importance, area and production, uses, export potential and role in national economy.
- Ornamental Horticulture History, scope of gardening, aesthetic values, Gardens in India, types of gardens, Landscaping historical background definition, Floriculture industry, Landscaping
- Plantation Crops History and development, scope and importance, area and production.
- Mushroom Culture Introduction to mushrooms fungi- Nutritional value, edible and poisonous types, cultivation techniques.
- Breeding of Fruit and Plantation Crops Fruit breeding, breeding strategies, clonal selection, bud mutations, mutagenesis.
- Orchard management, importance, objectives, merits and demerits, clean cultivation, sad culture, Sod mulch, herbicides and inorganic and organic mulches.
- Insect pests of Fruit, Plantation, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops General economic classification of insects; ecology and insect-pest management with reference to fruit, plantation, medicinal and aromatic crops, pest surveillance.
- Organic Farming Introduction, concept, relevance in present context; Organic production requirements; Biological intensive nutrient management organic manures, vermin composting green manuring, recycling of organic residues, biofertilizers.
- Introduction to Major Field Crops Classification and distribution of field corps, definitions and concept of multiple cropping, mixed cropping, intercropping, relay and alley cropping, cultural practices for raising major cereals, pulses, oil seeds and fodder crops, green measuring, crop rotation.
- Medicinal and Aromatic Crops History, scopes, opportunities and constraints in the cultivation and maintenance of medicinal and aromatic plant sin India.
- Introductory Agro-forestry : Definition, objectives and potential.
- Breeding of vegetable, Tuber and Spice Crops Centers of origin, plant Bio-diversity and its conservation, Models of reproduction, pollination systems and genetic of important vegetable, tuber and spice crops.
- Diseases of Vegetable, Ornamental and Spice Crops Etiology, symptoms, mode of spread, epidemiology and integrated management of diseases.
- Fundamentals of Extension Education: Extension education: meaning, definition, nature, scope, objectives, principles, approaches and history.
- Potato and Tuber Crops Origin, area, production, economic importance and export potential of potato and tropical, sub- tropical and temperate tuber crops, description of verieties and hybrids.
- Apiculture Importance and history of apiculture, different species of bees, morphology, anatomy, colony organization and life cycle, bee-keeping equipment, social behavior, reproduction, queen rearing, bee pasturage, seasonal management, economics of beekeeping. Bee enemies, diseases of bees, role of bees in increasing the procuctivity of horticultural crops of India.
- Insect Pests of Vegetable, Ornamental and Spice Crops Economic importance of insects in vegetable, ornamental and spice crops- ecology and pest management with reference to these crops.
- Post Harvest Management of Horticulture Crops Importance of post harvest technology in plantation crops, Maturity indices, harvesting, handling, grading of fruits, vegetables, cut flowers, plantation crops, medicinal and aromatic plants, pre-harvest treatment and pre-cooling, pre-storage treatments. Different systems of storage, packaging methods and types of packages, recent advances in packaging, Types of containers and cushioning meterials, vacuum packaging, cold storage, poly shrink packaging, grape guard packing treatments.
- Seed production of Vegetable, Tuber and Spice Crops Introduction and history of seed industry in India, Principles of vegetable seed production, Methods of seed production of cole crops, root vegetables, solanaceous vegetables cucurbits leafy vegetables, bulb crops, leguminous vegetables and exotic vegetables, Seed legislation.
- Breeding and Seed Production of Ornamental Crops History of improvements of ornamental plants, objectives and techniques in ornamental plant breeding;
- Introduction, selection, hybridization, mutation and biotechnological technique for improvement of ornamental plants. Breeding for disease resistance.
- Processing of Horticultural Crops Importance and scope of fruit and vegetable preservation industry in India, food pipe line, losses in post-harvest operations, unit operations in food processing.
- Horti- Business Management Farm management- definition, nature, characteristics and scope. Personnel management, marketing management, financial management, characteristics and scope.
- Entrepreneurship Development and Communication Skills Entrepreneurship Development Assessing overall business environment in the India economy.